From Textus Receptus
See Also: Old Testament
- 4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
- 10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
- 11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
- 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
- 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
- 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed or you.
- 22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!
- 25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
- 26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
- 27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
- 30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
- 31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
- 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
- 34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.
- 35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
- 36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
- 37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
- 39 And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
- 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
- 44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
- 45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,
- 47 And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.
- 49 When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?
- 52 Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves?
- 53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.
- 54 Then took they him, and led him, and brought him into the high priest's house. And Peter followed afar off.
- 55 And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.
- 56 But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.
- 58 And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.
- 59 And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean.
- 60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
- 61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
- 64 And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that smote thee?
- 66 And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council, saying,