1 John 4
From Textus Receptus
See Also: Old Testament
- 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
- 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
- 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
- 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
- 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
- 7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
- 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
- 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
- 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
- 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
- 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
- 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?