1 Corinthians 4
From Textus Receptus
See Also: Old Testament
- 1 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
- 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
- 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a man's judgement. In fact, I do not even judge myself.
- 4 Because, I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.
- 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. And then each one’s praise will come from God.
- 6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think about people beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
- 7 Because who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
- 8 You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us; and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you!
- 9 Because, I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; because we have been made a spectacle to the world, to angels and to men.
- 10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are despised!
- 11 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are unclothed, and beaten, and have no permanent home.
- 12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure;
- 13 being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things until now.
- 14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
- 15 Because, though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; because in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
- 16 Therefore I urge you, you be imitate me.
- 17 For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways which are in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.
- 18 Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you.
- 19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the speech of those who are puffed up, but the power.
- 20 Because the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
- 21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and 'in the spirit of meekness?