1 Corinthians 3
From Textus Receptus
See Also: Old Testament
- 1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, even as to babies in Christ.
- 2 I have fed you with milk and not with solid food; because until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
- 3 because you are still carnal. Because where there is envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and walk like men?
- 4 Because when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?
- 5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
- 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
- 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
- 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
- 9 Because, we are God's co workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.
- 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
- 11 Because no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
- 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
- 13 each one’s work will be revealed; because the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.
- 14 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
- 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
- 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
- 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. Because the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
- 18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.
- 19 Because the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. Because it is written, “He traps the wise in their own craftiness”;
- 20 and again, “The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”
- 21 Therefore let no one boast in men. Because all things are yours:
- 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come; all are yours.
- 23 And you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s.