From Textus Receptus
|Critical Text Onlyists|
James R. White (born 1962) is the director of Alpha and Omega Ministries, an evangelical Reformed Christian apologetics organization based in Phoenix, Arizona. He is the author of more than twenty books, a professor, a debater, and an elder of the Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church. Unfortunatly James White is strongly opposed to the infallability of the King James Version and the Greek Textus Receptus and the Hebrew Masoretic Text. James White does not believe any bible or any text in any language is at present the complete, inerrant, and 100% true Holy Bible. White is now a consultant for the NASB committee.
White is the director of Alpha and Omega Ministries, a Christian apologetics organization based in Phoenix, Arizona. He received a B.A. from Grand Canyon College, an M.A. from Fuller Theological Seminary, and a Th.M., a Th.D. and a D.Min. from the unaccredited Columbia Evangelical Seminary (formerly Faraston Seminary). He is a professor of Greek, Hebrew, systematic theology, and various apologetics topics and is a critical consultant for the Lockman Foundation's New American Standard Bible.
White is an avid debater, having participated in over sixty moderated debates since 1990, covering topics such as Calvinism, Roman Catholicism, Islam, Mormonism, and Jehovah's Witnesses. His debate opponents have included scholars such as John Dominic Crossan and Marcus Borg and popularizers such as John Shelby Spong.
He also contributes to a theological weblog and a semi-weekly internet radio broadcast called The Dividing Line, on which he answers call-in questions from listeners. Some of his most noted works have discussed topics such as the King-James-Only Movement and the debate between Calvinism and Arminianism. His books have elicited further response from those he criticizes.
He is an elder of the Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church, has been married to his wife Kelli for more than twenty-two years, and has two children, Joshua and Summer.
Some attention has been given to the public conversion of White's sister Patty Patrick Bonds to the Roman Catholic Church
White has authored numerous books and pamphlets, among the most significant are the following:
- The King James Only Controversy: Can You Trust the Modern Translations?. Bethany House Publishers, March 1, 1995. ISBN 1-55661-575-2.
- The Roman Catholic Controversy. Bethany House Publishers, July 1, 1996. ISBN 1-55661-819-0.
- The Forgotten Trinity: Recovering the Heart of Christian Belief. Bethany House Publishers, November 1, 1998. ISBN 1-55661-725-9.
White's other books include:
- Justification by Faith. Crowne Publications, November 1, 1990. ISBN 0-925703-40-0.
- Answers to Catholic Claims. Crowne Publications, November 1, 1990. ISBN 0-925703-36-2.
- God's Sovereign Grace. Crowne Publications, April 1, 1991. ISBN 0-925703-41-9.
- Letters to a Mormon Elder. Crowne Publications, April 1, 1991. ISBN 0-925703-59-1.
- Grieving: Our Path Back to Peace. Bethany House Publishers, August 1, 1997. ISBN 0-7642-2000-4.
- Is the Mormon My Brother?: Discerning the Differences Between Mormonism and Christianity. Bethany House Publishers, November 1, 1997. ISBN 0-7642-2047-0.
- What's With the Dudes at the Door? (w/ Kevin Johnson). Bethany House Publishers, May 1, 1998. ISBN 0-7642-2070-5.
- Mary-Another Redeemer?. Bethany House Publishers, July 1, 1998. ISBN 0-7642-2102-7.
- What's With the Mutant in the Microscope: Stuff to Know When Science Says Your Uncle Is a Monkey. (w/ Kevin Johnson) Bethany House Publishers, October 1, 1999. ISBN 0-7642-2187-6.
- The God Who Justifies. Bethany House Publishers, August 1, 2001. ISBN 0-7642-2288-0.
- The Same Sex Controversy: Defending and Clarifying the Bible's Message About Homosexuality (w/ Jeffrey D. Niell). Bethany House Publishers, April 1, 2002. ISBN 0-7642-2524-3.
- Debating Calvinism: Five Points, Two Views (w/ Dave Hunt). Multnomah Publications, February 1, 2004. ISBN 1-59052-273-7.
- Stan Norman (editor); Chad Brand (editor); James Leo Garrett, Jr.; Robert L. Reymond; James R. White; Paul F. M. Zahl; Daniel L. Akin (editor); R. Stanton Norman (editor). Perspectives on Church Government: Five Views of Church Polity. Broadman & Holman Publications, July 1, 2004. ISBN 0-8054-2590-X.
- Scripture Alone: Exploring The Bible's Accuracy, Authority, And Authenticity. Bethany House Publishers, October 1, 2004. ISBN 0-7642-2048-9.
- Pulpit Crimes: The Criminal Mishandling of God's Word. Solid Ground Christian Books October 26, 2006. ISBN 159925090X
- From Toronto to Emmaus: The Empty Tomb and the Journey from Skepticism to Faith. Solid Ground Christian Books March 27, 2007. ISBN 1599251124
White has also written articles for the CRI Journal, Modern Reformation, Tabletalk, and the Reformed Baptist Theological Review.
Some of the many debates White has participated in include:
- "Is Homosexuality Compatible with Authentic, Bibilical, Orthodox Christianity?" vs. John Shelby Spong, November, 2006, Orlando, FL
- "Is the New Testament We Possess Today Inspired?" vs. Shabir Ally, May, 2006, Biola University
- "The Resurrection of Jesus Christ", vs. Marcus Borg and John Dominic Crossan (with James Renihan), August, 2005, aboard ship on the Sun Princess
- "Is the Orthodox, Biblical Account of Jesus of Nazareth Authentic & Historically Accurate?", vs. John Dominic Crossan, August, 2005, in Seattle, WA.
- "Are Roman Catholics Our Brothers and Sisters in Christ?", vs. Douglas Wilson, November, 2004, Los Angeles, CA
- "Is Homosexuality Consistent with Biblical Christianity", vs. Barry Lynn, May, 2001, Long Island, NY
- "The Papacy", vs. Fr. Mitch Pacwa, SJ, May, 1998, Long Island, NY
- "Sola Scriptura", vs. Gerry Matatics, August, 1990, Long Beach, CA
- Alpha and Omega ministries
- James White's Youtube Channel
- Is your modern translation corrupt by James White
- James White's Shell Game by Will Kinney
- You Tube Video - James White and the King James Bible by Dr. Kirk DiVietro
- The King James Only Controversy- Answered. Do not Trust the Modern Translations! by Pastor Hugo W.K. Schönhaar